Monday, December 22, 2008

Two Wolves

This weekend we had company over for dinner and were sharing our holiday traditions. One that was shared that I would like to start next year can only be possible with your help...

Send me your favorite short story - whether it be your personal family story, holiday driven, inspirational, or humorous. With that I will create a book of 24 stories, one to be read with my family each night leading up to Christmas which means we start reading the stories on December 1st and finish on Christmas Eve. If you would like a copy of the final product let me know. For the sake of space instead of adding to my comment page, please e-mail your stories to me directly.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that all my readers participate!

Love to you all and this first story was shared today at work...

One evening an old Cherokee told his grandson about a battle that goes on inside all people. He said, “My son, the battle is between two ‘wolves’ inside us all.

”One is Evil. It is anger, envy, jealousy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego.

The other is Good. It is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith.”

The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather: “Which wolf wins?”

The old Cherokee simply replied, “The one you feed.”

No comments: