Saturday, November 15, 2008

This week we had our pictures taken for our passports to travel to Canada for the holidays. I don't understand why they want us to look like we've been arrested but they do. I think the alien man on Ryan's shirt is hilarious. They had to take his picture about 50 times to make sure you could see both ears. What???

Yesterday was Tom's first day watching Ryan for more then 30 minutes, - try the whole day. I had to return to Hell again, oh I mean work, and daycare wasn't available so Tom was up for the challange. I was up at 5 am to feed and change Ryan and get him ready for the day. Once he was back to sleep I quickly showered and before leaving for work I left a detailed note. The first item on the note said "call me as soon as you get up so I know you are awake". He was working the night before until 2:30 am so I was worried he wouldn't hear Ryan get up. Well by 9 am I was starting to worry since Ryan is usually up between 7 am and 8 am so I called and there was no answer - now I was really worried. Shortly after Tom called me back - he was giving Ryan a bath and putting on a fresh change of clothes. I guess Ryan messed himself (up the back) and when Tom was cleaning him up #2 ended up everywhere including the door knob. Since Tom has never even watched me give Ryan a bath I'm sure that was an interesting event. I called several times during the day for an update and could hear Ryan squawking in the background. Everyone says this daddy and me day was good for them both but I couldn't help but worry. By the time I arrived home both boys were calm and playing in the family room. The house looked like a tornado hit it but both boys were safe and sound so it didn't matter. Once Ryan was laying in my arms he quickly fell asleep and his world was back to normal. I am soooo thankful it's the weekend!
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Julie said...

hahahahaha! that is too funny.

Proud Momma said...

I love how the house was a wreck with a newborn baby! ha ha...that won't change either just in case your wondering...it only gets worse!

Jeni said...

OHH what a good daddy!! and your passport pics totally look like you got arrested! haha

Lynne said...

Have you decided to fly, or drive? Can't wait to see Ryan and how much heh's grown!

saltysista said...

Are you all going up to Libby's for Christmas? Wish we could come too! Those are total mugshots!

Unknown said...

LOL! Even Ryan looks like he's under arrest!