Sunday, February 22, 2009

Our Little Bean




We tried Ryan's sun gear out this weekend and he loves his glasses. Every time the glasses went on he would open his eyes as big as possible which was hilarious. I figure if we start believing spring is about to happen any day it will - isn't that they whole theory of the "Secret"

Friday the 20th was Ryan's 6 month Dr's. appointment and he continues to grow like a weed. He weighs 19 lbs 8 oz (85%) and 29 inches long (off the 6 month chart but the average height of a 9 month old) this explains the floods. We've been given the green light to introduce more foods and a sippy cup which we did a few months ago. With Ryan being one inch away from being to tall for his car carrier, the expense of two new car seats is knocking on our door. Looking back on things I think I would have gotten the seat that Ryan could use from 5 lbs to 65 lbs right off the bat instead of the carrier. He hasn't used it very long and it has really done a number on my back... We are also now taking swim lessons at the YWCA and Ryan really seems to love the water.

Today is the first day that I can actually speak and be understood. I've been sick for the past week and yesterday I hit rock bottom. If you can imagine trying to scream through a straw - that's what I sounded like - not good. The good news is that I've started feeling things slightly turn towards the road to recovery. Apparently this bug lingers for a few weeks, or so I've been told.


This is Kara's sweet little boy Keegan who is three months older than Ryan. We went over to their place for a play date a few weeks ago which was great fun for Ryan to play with new toys for the day. Kara is awesome and it's been a lot of fun getting to know each other through work but even more fun off the clock.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Lynne said...

It looks like he is sitting up!! Those eyes under the glasses are hilarious! See you in 10 days! Let me know when that UPS arrives

Jeni said...

i wish i could see you guys up in canada when you go! bummer!
and i am so sorry you are sick. so am i and it sucks!