Sunday, February 15, 2009

6 Months Old - Almost



Next week Ryan will be 6 months old and I just can't believe it - time really does fly by. We took Ryan to have his 6 month photo taken yesterday - oh by the way don't ever go to the mall to have a photo taken on Valentines Day - what a crazy mess. Anyway, he was a little trooper and as you can see loves having his picture taken.

The past couple of weeks have been somewhat of a blur. I think the lack has sleep has caught up to me but to top it off everyone in the house has been sick. Today I broke out into a sweat so many times I feel like I need another shower. Today I was thinking back that I have only slept one 8 hour shift in six months, other than that the most I've gotten is 4 hours at a time.

Tom has been working very hard to find additional work. I can't even tell you how many applications he has submitted but nothing has come through. He has also placed bids to grow his janitorial business and continues to follow-up with the clients but a decision either way has not yet been made. We have everything crossed that something positive comes through. Tom is such a hard worker and really deserves a break - I have faith something good will happen soon.

Today Laura's little girl Olivia was baptized and we were so thrilled to have been able to share her special day. Today's message was on forgiveness and not holding a grudge. I have to say this is something I really need to work at in my life. I believe that some of the challenges I've faced in my life has caused me not to trust people and when hurt completely shut them out. It's like flipping a light switch, one minute you are in my life and the next you don't exist - not a good quality I know but it's somewhat of a defense mechanism learned when I was a little girl. I realize that people grow apart which is one thing but I really need to work on not closing the door on people like I do. Tom is one of the most forgiving people I know which is a blessing for Ryan to learn and share this quality from his father.

Anyway, my blogging has been a bit behind and I apologize for that. I hope that I start feeling better soon so I can get my life back on track and start working on things to improve the future of our family.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Julie said...

Ryan is so cute. What a big boy sitting up to have his cute little picture taken!!!!

Jeni said...

I was wondering when you would blog again!
What a cute little guy! I wanted to go get some pics of stephen. I have never been to a studio but they are so so cute!!

Proud Momma said...

finally you're back! He is growing like a weed!

Forgiveness is hard but such a great quality if you can do it!

Loves

Lynne said...

Can't wait to see you guys. Ryan is such a beautiful little boy. We may have to work on his sleeping habits when you are here:)

saltysista said...

Ryan can sleep through the night! I know he can! Call me if you want to know how I did it with Melia. She would wake up every 2 hours when she was about 4mos and it took about 3 nights and that was it and she has been an awesome sleeper since then. Anyway he is adorable and I cant believe he is 6 mos. Didn't you just blog about his 4 month checkup??

saltysista said...

Yo Bonnie!... This is Dan... Stop shutting me out of your life!... :) You guys should move to Hawaii... Lots of work here and it is summer time everyday...doesnt matter what the groundhog does! I miss you.
-D-