Friday, September 5, 2008

8/15/08 – The Heat Is On

So here it is...

The Dr. decided today after my appointment that Junior needs to come early. Although I have kept my blood sugar under control, my blood pressure is now starting to rise and the Dr. believes we should 'punt' early before we are faced with any major issues. I've continued to progress and am now 2 cm dilated and 50% effaced.

Needless to say I was speechless when I finally figured out I was going to the hospital on the 20th to be induced and not coming back to the clinic for my 38 week appointment. I seriously sat there silent looking at the Dr. until he asked me if I was alright. I looked at Tom and he quickly, and to my surprise accurately answered for me saying "You must understand you've taken my wife's anxiety level from the floor to the ceiling - she's a planner and thought she would have more time to get ready". They both kept telling me that this was a good thing and that I should be excited however all I could think of was getting my hands on a pen and paper to start working on my list of things to do.

I still feel like me head is spinning with the news that my induction date is set for 6:30 AM this Wednesday the 20th at Bellin Hospital but at the same time I can't wait to meet our little boy! :)

Wish me luck!

No comments: