Friday, September 5, 2008

6/16/08 – 11 weeks and counting…

Last week was my 28-week prenatal appointment where I learned several things about myself.

1) I am 6 pounds under my pre-pregnancy weight, which is starting to concern the Doctor. I am now required to weigh myself every day and notify the doctor if I loose even one pound. Although I am drinking lots of water he is concerned about my hydration. (At least I don't have cankles from water retention....)

2) I have Gestational Diabetes. My blood sugar went from 83 to 207 in less then 3 minutes, which if I was a car would be quite impressive, however in this case it landed me in bed and 2 visits to the Doctor last week. I met with a Dietitian and learned how and what I need to eat to keep Junior healthy. I log every morsel of food and beverage that enters my body and also check my blood sugar four times a day. Although this seems to be somewhat of a roadblock I am confident that I will be able to get this condition under control. I have now entered the time of pregnancy where my appointments are scheduled every two weeks.

I am also happy to report that the Nursery is 80% complete. The carpet is installed, the door is up plus most of the trim. The crib has been ordered and is ready for pick up but we have just a few more things to finish before bringing it home. I've attached a picture of the bedding we picked out for your viewing pleasure.

Thanks to everyone for your concern and support.

No comments: